Vitamin Sea
Saturday: Rovinj
We started out the day with a couples building exercise: finding the breakfast. So our hotel room is actually an annex of the actual hotel. And they serve breakfast in even a separate place from that. This old little city center is a maze. We are using google maps to navigate, but google has trouble pinpointing our exact location. And in the small winding hallways of the town, a few feet makes all the difference. In the end, we found the place by chance. I looked up and OH there it is. We must’ve walked by it at least 37 times. Anyway, had some eggs, fruit, cheese, charcuterie meats, pastries, chugged a bunch of lemon water (staying hydrated during this heat wave is tough) and some chamomile tea.
After breakfast, we walked 2 miles approx. to an extra special snorkeling spot hubby wanted to find. Balsamake, just south of Golden Cape. We climbed all over some scary rocks to get there. I’m glad I splurged on new sandals for the trip. They functioned excellently.
I swam and hubby snorkeled. I also sat on a big rock under a pine tree and read my book, while listening to cicadas. Peak Summer Behavior. Beyond lovely.
We trekked back to town, with the shade now on the opposite side of the street and headed to lunch: Street Food Fish House. Salmon Burger hit the spot after a morning in the salty sun. Then we did the only logical thing next: got some gelato and took a nap during the hottest part of the afternoon.
Before dinner we walked up to St. Euphemia’s Church with a campanile on top. Hubby went up to the top and will hopefully have some pictures to share. Reportedly the stairs were very small and precarious. My feet were barking from our walk to the snorkeling spot, so I sat in a pew and quietly enjoyed the room. Ceiling: 6/10.
Then we went shopping for towels and the hubs picked out a new hat for me. I’m European now. I have the hat to prove it.
Seafood for dinner and another sunset swim. I had ravioli with scallops and shrimp with a truffle sauce. Truffles are found locally here.
Another fun thing about Rovinj is the Italian influence. We are literally next door to Venice in the Adriatic Sea. That spaghetti with plain tomato sauce I had yesterday was the best tomato sauce I’ve ever had.
The hubs will watch Croatian soccer at 11pm tonight. I will pack for our next destination and then go to bed. 4 hours in the car tomorrow.
Tomorrow we head to Plitvice lake with a couple of adventures along the way.
ćao
Squid 🦑


















Comments
Post a Comment