A perfect day

 Friday: Korcula (island)

You guys. I did it. I found the best gelato in Croatia.  This was called Cherry Chocolate Mania  


I arose from slumber when hubby arrived with a white coffee and a chocolate croissant from Mlinar. We ate our pastries on a terrace in our building and made the plan for the day. I’m happy that it will be a chill day.  Ocean, food, wander the town, Marco Polo Museum, ocean, nap, food, wander the town. 


Our first ocean spot was a perfect overlook of the old town.  Normally at the ocean I’ll just take a dip and then go and read my book while hubs snorkels.  I was happy as a clam floating like a buoy in the ocean on top of my airplane pillow. Lol. (It’s also a great cushion for sitting on rocky beaches.) Eventually I emerged from the ocean and found a shady bench to read on.  It was a perfect morning.  


Found a little pizza place for lunch where we split a pizza again.  Cheese, oregano, bacon, and egg.  Tap water for the win.  Hubby has been enjoying a cocktail called The Hugo throughout our trip, of Italian influence. 


Fortified with water and food, we visited the Marco Polo museum, which also took us to the top to a nice view of the old town and ocean. Afterwards, we swam in the ocean again outside our hotel window.  


We cleaned up and took naps and then started a load of laundry.  We were delighted to see that our building has a laundry room available for guests.  Then we headed to explore a bit and then to dinner. 


Todays dinner was specially arranged.  Marko Polo Konoba. Hubby wants to try a dish called Peka, and you can only get it by reservation because it takes awhile to prepare.  He is having octopus peka.  It’s basically a fancy stew.   He’s been on the hunt for an octopus culinary experience that matches the one he had in Greece in 2019.  


He was very pleased. I asked him how it compared to the place in Greece and he said it was about equal.  Success!  I had macaroni and beef sauce.  It was very similar to what I had last night, which I loved.  We took the taxi again back to old town and met a lovely Croatian with an Irish accent. He told us that during Covid, Croatia basically had no jobs because they rely heavily on tourism. A cheese factory was hiring in Ireland so he up and left for 6 years.  And acquired their accent while he was at it. 🤣


We walked around old town some more and had some gelato.  I found the best gelato in Croatia and probably the world. Cherry dark chocolate. It was amazing.  Back to the room to organize for tomorrow.  


We are starting to get a little sad.  We have had such a good time and tomorrow we move to our final location: Dubrovnik. 

























I have a theory. Taylor and Travis are distracting the world with Madison Square Gardens and they are actually on this boat in Korcula. Will report back…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dobar dan

Big Booms

Sunday Scaries