Kings Landing

 Saturday: Korcula - Dubrovnik (day 1)

The sun is shining loudly through the window this morning.  The view from our window is just unreal.  Hubs went out for an early stroll and returned with a coffee with milk and chocolate croissant for me.  White coffee was not available at the place he went.  We got all packed up and had our pastries 🥐 on the terrace.  Then we walked around and said a last goodbye to Korcula. I think this will be my favorite destination.  So lovely.  




Caught our 10:30 Dragon, I mean Ferry, to Dubrovnik.  Definitely lots of people. Arrived to Dubrovnik 2 hours later to a hoard of Ubers.  We needed one to get to old town where our room is.  The Uber driver was a student who is attending university elsewhere and working in Dubrovnik for the summer.  This is common for students, he said. He gave us some recommendations of beaches and other places that are more away from the crowds.  Lots of people here, for sure. 


Our short walk to the hotel included (already!) two Game of Thrones filming sites, haha.  We went up some very steep steps (hubs carried my roller bag up for me, bless him). 


We met Darko, our room owner, and then headed to lunch just down the stairs. This is a place that was featured on the show “Somebody Feed Phil”. Just a little sandwich shop.  Hubby had a sandwich with Dalmatian ham.  I actually had a tuna pasta salad. It was so delicious.  Our server actually created that menu item and shared the components, except her secret blend of spices.  I want to recreate it at home.  Tuna, pasta, salad leaves, capers, olives, cucumber, tomatoes, red peppers, yogurt. 


Then we walked around town, getting to know the streets a bit.  Found the GoT Walk of Shame stairs by chance. Walked into a few old churches.  Then stopped at a grocery for drinks and chocolate to take back to our room to rest.  


I took a deeper nap than I could’ve imagined. Fortified and ready to go for more adventures. Dubrovnik after the sun goes down is outrageously beautiful.  We had a light dinner of tapas. Then we walked around a whole bunch.  I think we accidentally found all the game of thrones filming sites I wanted to see. Haha. Then we had gelato at a place also on Somebody Feed Phil.  Walked around some more. Got some beverages from the grocery and I finally found some SPF lip balm.  We’ve done a good job with sun protection and avoiding burns, but my lips have been feeling sun chapped.  


We have an adventure-filled day planned for tomorrow.  Hubs is taking me to a secret location for brunch for my birthday tomorrow.  I love brunch.  Other fun things planned.  We will take advantage of a 3-day pass to museums and the city walls and other stuff. This place is very crowded and oppressive during the midday sun, but in the evening it’s pleasantly buzzing. I’m hoping the early morning will be quiet and cool.  


Bok Bok 














GoT
GoT


GoT
GoT













GoT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dobar dan

Big Booms

Sunday Scaries