Queen of the Seven Kingdoms
Sunday - Dubrovnik, day 2
The hubs treated me like a Queen today, for today is my birthday. We started the day off with a quick pastry and headed to the Maritime Museum. Lots of neat stuff, like model ships, maps, compasses, barometers, etc. This is something I want to go back and relook at things online to absorb more of the information. We were on a little bit of a time crunch due to the hubby’s secret plans for my birthday brunch.
Off he whisked me away outside of the city walls and we rode a dragon, I mean cable car, up Mount Srd and dined at the restaurant on the top overlooking the old town. Hubby reserved one of the front row 360 view tables and it was spectacular. You can’t find a better view. Perhaps anywhere in the world…maybe. It was ridiculously cool. We sat there for as long as our reservation allowed. I was enjoying myself so much with the perfect view, weather, and company that I didn’t realize the sun was cooking me pink on my left side. Haha, here I just said we were doing a good job with sun protection. Just a bit pink and definitely way different than the other side. Hopefully I don’t wake up looking like a lobster tomorrow. It seems the sun was too enthusiastic in welcoming me to my 44th revolution.
We headed back to our room to change into swimsuits for our journey to Lokrum island. It’s just right beside old town and the boat leaves every 15 minutes. It has a monastery, tons of walking trails, and places to swim. As well as a Game of Thrones exhibit (the island was a filming spot), and awesome peacocks running around like they own the place. Which they do.
I sat upon the Iron Throne and hubby was a good hubby and captured a picture. Yes, I am Queen. Then we wandered around and finally found a good choice to swim back next to the original dock. The water was cold here! I bobbed in the water on my airplane pillow floatie, while hubby explored around with his snorkel. I eventually emerged and laid on some rocks with my book, alongside the wandering peacocks. Then we headed back to the boat and across the water to our room to clean up.
Only a few moments of rest allowed in our schedule today, because we wanted to walk the city walls before they closed for the evening. Glorious views. A very rigorous walk however. We worked for our supper.
We picked out a place to eat, and it, alas, was the only meal we’ve been disappointed in here in Croatia. It’s ok. We had to balance out the spectacular brunch we had today I guess. Then we had a gelato and headed back to the room early. I will sleep well tonight.
Hoping that this Queen will wake up to a golden tan and healed skin.


























Comments
Post a Comment